Monday, September 27, 2010

DEAR MUSLIM FRIEND

Dear Muslim friend...
This is just to say that I’ll love you to the end
I’ll love you till you bend
& accept that God wants to be more than a friend
To you
He created us for worship, Yeah!
So that we might adore and fear
Him; but not as servants, rather as heirs
He loves you so much he counts the strands of your hair
Slave master don’t care for such details
Only fathers do; helping you up when you fail
He loves you so much he sent his only son to your aid
I’m sure you know about how Adam derailed
And sold out the authority over the earth’s details...
I’m sure you know about the sin nature
That crept over every creature
Subjecting man to the devil’s pleasure
Do you think our righteous works can redeem this lost treasure?
Our meditations, our prayers without measure?
No! I know it is not so...
Tell you what, I found hope
I have found out how to conquer the devil’s host
We can once again be sons; I do not wrongly boast
Instead of servants, always washing to
Cleanse our wrongs in the physical mode
I found how to be purified at once
Be justified, walk worthy, & sing joyful songs
Instead of sad tunes; & stand before God as sons
I found it at the foot of the cross
I know you believe in payment for forgiveness of sins
But this is already paid for, it’s free
Don’t take offence that hope hangs on a “common tree”
It’s not common, for your redemption that guy that hung there did bleed
He went down to hell when he was buried
And took back our authority
Sounds implausible; but with God nothing is impossible
I know you believe even though it sounds like a riddle
When he rose; we rose with him and became indomitable
Even as we were buried with him with all our troubles
Conquerors of evil
He built in us new genes
In all who believe in him; even the once in baggy jeans
& gave us grace to be called sons without sins
You believe in grace, you told me since
Grace for sonship is what he brings
I mean this mighty Prince
So we can become kings...
Love shares it’s very best
& my best is this good news that I confess
That the guy who hung on that tree is Jesus
The first to overcome all of life’s and death’s tests
On my knees I pray & plead; join me on this conquest
To get you to heaven’s steps
Cos’ without the son, none can enter the Father’s rest
It’s not so tough, just confess
Jesus as your lord & saviour & put your heart to rest!
I’ll always love you even till the very end
Yes! I’ll love you till you bend
And accept Jesus as your friend

No comments: