Saturday, October 23, 2010

MORE THAN 23 LINES

The 23rd Psalm always brings a buzz...every kid on the block knows it, Sunday school made sure of that...rhymes have been recited bout it & it’s fame is the crème in primary education... But the Rhema bout it is as rare as a noonday eagle... apart from just reciting it as a kid, did you ever stop to think about what those beautiful lines mean?

Let H.S help us...

Verse I
the Lord is my caretaker, the C.E.O of the corporation called me (your name) & since he owns the entire universe, he uses every resource that exists [if it does not exist, he creates it] to ensure that all my needs are met. When there is anything I desire according to his will, he supplies it according to his riches in glory so that I function effectively for his glory. When I abound, it is to His glory, when I lack (which can never be) it is to his shame ‘cos I am named after him... so he’s ever ready to meet my needs as long as I allow Him be my caretaker...

Verse II
He makes me lie in the penthouse of flourishing fountains & fortunes; gives me pole position on Forbes and makes all my biz abound in so much prosperity that work becomes a cruise; work becomes fun... He leads to bizes that bring peace & my soul derives pleasure from his words...

Verse III
In frenzy & chaos, he reboots my spirit, my thoughts, my creativity, my style, my wardrobe, and my finances so that I am forever fresh including all that concerns me... He leads me in integrity & forever feeds me the best 411 so that I find myself doing good; such that I do not smear his name; reminding me always that I am “the righteous” & that perfection is who I am...

Verse IV
Even though I go through the war zone, He’s got my back covered as he gives his angels charge over me to protect me and thwart any on-coming missile; even in Hades His icy chill in me freezes hell over, so that when I take in the flames it feels like iced tea. Thus, I fear no evil for he is a trustworthy homie, he never leaves me or abandons me plus his Holy Spirit is ever ready to comfort me...

Verse V
He launches a buffet in my name, while my haters, my cursers & foes watch, jaw-slacked, eye-popping and saliva-dropping... Then he anoints me with the Holy Ghost to preach the gospel to the poor, heal the sick and the broken-hearted, raise the dead & take over the media with the gospel of Christ Jesus... The anointing is so stormy, my containers overflow such that the world around me experiences his glory... My blessing container overflows such that I become a delightsome land & the entire world calls me a blessing cos it is blessed by the overflow...

Verse VI
Surely and certainly, my shine outlives me as I find favour & abundant mercy before my father, caretaker and lover as I dwell in his awesome presence for all time...not just here on earth but when we meet up there...

So you see.... Psalm 23 is more than just the lines... it’s a storm brewing & chilling for an understanding so it could rock you... grab it!

No comments: