Monday, September 4, 2017

JONAH NO MORE


Written from the belly of the beast...
The slime my ink, the rumblings my thoughts... 
Thinking about the mission, thinking about the call 
It was crisp – Write till there’s nothing left 
Till the world hears 
Till the last arrow has been struck… 
The reward was a crown up above 
Yet I sought glitters down here 
Hunting nothing, nothing of value 
I trusted my plans over yours 
Allowed their wants swallow my needs 
I jonahed, not just myself but my home 
In my search for sparkles, I brought home thorns 
I am sorry. 
I want the mission now. I need it.
If you would have me and lead me again 
Sever the strings that make me lead 
Gold me up 
Scale my eyes to these false lights 
Drown my fears of the unknown with your UNKNOWN 
For a day in the dark with you beats 1000 years in a lit up fallacy 
I don’t wanna be a Jonah no more 
I know you sent me here to be more like Paul 
So, swallow me 
Do not vomit me till the scrolls have been written; 
my ink your blood,
my thoughts your Spirit,
my words be You 
Make me you in flesh... 
Flow Elion flow 
Flow Elion flow 
Till all that is left of this Jonah is Paul.


Image - courtesy google.com

No comments: