Sunday, May 29, 2016

GRATITUDE BY A MINOR


Sometimes my lips are too unworthy to say "Thank You" 
Too unholy to glorify you 
But my heart is grateful 

When I can't think of why you've been faithful 
And my actions betray my intentions 
I consider your affections 

Lord I'm amazed by your concern 
Your understanding when I can't discern 
what you need me to do 

When my feet fail, you move 
And when my faith falls 
You remind me why I received the call 

There is no thanking you enough 
For the peace you bring when the seas are rough 
When sin stands at the door and knocks 

Thank you for answering and sealing the locks 
Thank you for the best teacher in the world 
For without the Holy Ghost, I'd be with the worms 

I see Eternity through a lens darkly 
I only know your grace partly 
But I'm confident that where I end, you begin 

And for this I thank you 
For it means that even though I don't understand you 
You completely get me 
And that's okay with me

Image credit: givememora.com via google

No comments: