Saturday, April 13, 2013

TWO FACED

“I specially invited you over because you have a way of stirring up emotions” Pastor Skye told
Isaiah, the rap artiste that everyone knew as “Mouthpiece”… Isaiah couldn’t believe he was listening to a man anointed by God…

 “Let me get this straight” Isaiah cleared his throat “you are saying I shouldn’t minister as the Holy Spirit leads?”

 “No… no… no… come on, how can I say that?” Pastor Skye smiled awkwardly “I’m simply saying, you should let the Holy Spirit lead your ministration in such a way that, the congregation would give willingly”

“In other words, I should manipulate the Holy Spirit”

“Boy, don’t act naïve… the Lord confirms the words of his servants the prophet” Pastor Skye justified his words “How do you think your flight from Kano was paid for? Church offering” Isaiah thought of responding but the Holy Spirit restrained him.

He had no idea why God had even nudged him to respond to the invite. Pastor Skye’s church was having a miracle revival and wanted to reach the younger generation, so they had invited him over – being a rap artiste, prophet and a preacher all wrapped in one.

“Listen Mouthpiece… if you play your part well, everyone benefits…” Pastor Skye continued “We’ll split all proceeds from the offering 50-50…”

Isaiah smiled, stood up and walked towards the door, then turned round “Sir… I’ll be in my room. When it’s time for me to minister… I’ll do what needs to be done” and he stepped out of the room

Two hours later, Mouthpiece stood in front of the congregation ministering and all he could see were thirsty souls…

He poured out all that the Holy Spirit poured into him… the move of God was apparent and everyone knew that God was with him… behind him, Pastor Skye bubbled in his seat, conscious of the vulnerability of the excited congregation… wheel chairs were being rolled up… blind eyes and deaf ears were popping open… broken limbs were healing and most of all… Souls were getting saved

Pastor Skye couldn’t wait for Mouthpiece to finish ministering; so that he could receive offerings… then he heard what felt like an earthquake…

“I speak as God’s Mouthpiece when I say this” Mouthpiece was saying “On no occasion should anyone give offerings or tithes till this week-long event is over”

Pastor Skye was about to jump up and protest when Isaiah turned round and faced him…

“I am sure the Holy Spirit is ministering the same thing to the man of God…” Pastor Skye had no choice but to nod and smile sheepishly…

Three hours later… Isaiah stood in front of Pastor Skye with his bag packed…

“There is no money for your return flight son” Pastor Skye said drily as he sipped whiskey from a glass…

“You are not my shepherd… The Lord is” Isaiah replied “My work here is done… and he’ll fly me home… but it would do you a lot of good to remember that you were not called into ministry to make money”

“It takes good money to run a good ministry son” Pastor Skye screamed

 “It’s not your job description to look for money, you are not a marketer” Isaiah calmly replied “the glory of Lebanon shall come to you, the Cypress, the plane, and the pine together to beautify the place of my sanctuary… Isaiah 60:13”

With that Isaiah turned round and walked out…

No comments: