Thursday, January 19, 2012

DECEMBER 31ST, 2012


So, I am a grey-haired 27 year old Nigerian millionaire who runs a multi-million naira organization that rose through the ranks without the slightest inkling of my twisted imagination that in one year, I would be paying taxes running into seven figures, that my name would be on ad materials of every success and motivation seminar for young folks, and that I could afford to spend a weekend at the Waldorf Astoria... that’s where I write this from!

My success story is not limited to business only, in the last three months I have pulled 2 ladies out of wheel chairs (yeah, they walked instantly) ... it’s been a long time coming... some guy that read my blog post on divine health had been miraculously healed of cancer... I have experienced the same rapture that Paul felt whenever he performed some miracle... Though I think there is a slight difference here; he never had the crazy publicity that I have...

I don’t even know what to call myself anymore, Google defines me in so many terms that it’s hard to figure if I am an Entrepreneur, Film-maker, Poet, Brand architect, Author, Life-coach... yeah! Almost forgot the “Minister of God” part... why does that always come last with these celebrity ministers? Whoa! I mos def outran all the expectation of family and friends in one year! Talk about the God who does “far, above and beyond what we could ever imagine, hope for, ask for, and dream of”

My fiancée’s picture, the fairest amongst them all, sticks out of the P.S wallet that has my signature embroidered on it... she’s been the best HELP MEET in my steady incline... showing strength when my weaknesses surfaced while maintaining the poise of an emerging empire’s first lady... what can I say? I have found favour and I am blessed!

I scream “GOD IS GOOD” hoping the crème Astoria staff wouldn’t get sacred that they were harbouring a psychopath in the penthouse; the walls resonate with “ALL THE TIME”... Heaven must be pleased with my accomplishments... I mean it should please God that I have shined all through 2012... “Am I not the light of the world?”

Hmmm...

A glitch in my smooth string of feats though... I have felt utterly empty throughout 2012...

Like... “In the beginning, the earth was without form and void” sort of emptiness... nothing within... whoooooossh... How is this possible? I should be the happiest Nigerian alive, considering how the year began with the Haramic bombings and the non-subsidised public manipulation by the *&^%$£”! we have for leaders... but the feats where like surface tension over water... was I in sync with God? Well, if I wasn’t, the miracles would not have been possible... so what was not right?

Gadgets have never been my freak zone, so the iPhone 5 and HTC Zing lying on the bed were not a call for vanity... both buzzed at the same time, no ring tones, why bug neighbours with the music they probably don’t want to hear... the Nigerian Youth Ambassador to the UN was on the HTC and Fortunes Magazine was on the iPhone... which comes first?

Room service decides with Don Moen’s “I just want to be where you are” on her lips... as the lady rolls her cart out of the bathroom with so much peace and joy exuding from her demeanour, passing me, she begins to hum the tune... instantly, I find myself lying on a faded brown rug, in room 302, Eni Njoku Hall, University of Lagos... crying rapturous tears of joy as I discover the heart of my Father... Lying at His feet, not requesting anything, just loving on Him... Singing the same song... that was five years ago!

What happened to that boy? When did I become some taken with achievements that I forgot about the most important of all? When did I lose touch with the TRUTH about Christianity? The TRUTH that the heart of God surpasses his hand?

I switch of both phones and crash on the soft Persian rug at the foot of the bed wishing it was dirt on the street so I could really get soaked in the truth about my vanity... I had pursued so much of fame and wealth in the name of being a Christian that has tapped into Heaven’s beauty... perverting God’s word to suit my innate narcissism... secretly desiring my glory in the name of shining for God’s glory...

When was the last time I told someone sincerely “GOD LOVES YOU”? When was the last time I truly gave? Don’t get me wrong, I have been benevolent all through 2012, visiting orphanages and stuff; but all of that was so that I could tell folks that “I GIVE”... publicity stunt... when was the last time I heard from GOD? When was the last time GOD spoke through me to someone...? not some memorized/rehearsed message!

When was the last time GOD cuddled me as a Father and told me “Son, I LOVE YOU”? WHEN? Was everything I even achieved in 2012 part of God’s plan for me? Even though He said His hand was on my organization in the beginning of the year, I never bothered to constantly consult him per season as to how He wanted me to steer the organization. It’s 31st December, 2012 and I just realized I was totally out of the plan for 2012...

...Hope you have a clear picture of what you might get when you make plans to achieve great things in 2012 without properly seeking the father’s heart... “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God...” isn’t just a onetime act... it’s a class you never want to graduate from...

So, I am a 26-year-old dark haired Nigerian believer running a potential billion dollar organization and its still January 2012... I will get to December without shifting gaze from the Author, Leader, Composer and Completion of my faith... I will do great exploits in this 2012, but every single act will be led by the Holy Spirit... I will always be where My Father is.... dwelling daily in His presence and seeking only His glory!

And the only result I hope you get when you Google my name is “SON of THE MOST HIGH GOD”

No comments: