Sunday, February 27, 2011

SUPERMAN (PART-U)


I’ll tell you about superman, the super man that he is
The “He” that could be a he or a she
Superman has the choice of being a nobody
But could still choose to be somebody
His name could be spelt like mine, yours, hers, his, ours, and theirs
Consider her skin colour black, or white, or red, or brown, or chocolate
or any skin colour except grey
Maybe she lives in the back streets of Brooklyn, better yet, he’s under a duvet in a penthouse on Hotel Manhattan
Maybe he shares a room with twelve others in the waste yards of Ajegunle,
Better yet, parks her Buick in the largest property on Banana Island
Superman does fly the virgin Galactica for vacations to the moon
& plies CMS to Ojo Cantonment on board her “legedes” (Weather readings - hell noon)
He may watch “Spiderman returns” in his mind from mental consolidates
of fragmented tales told by peers in school
Matter of fact, she spends every weekend at the Galleria to savour
Box office flavours
But all of the above don’t really define superman, ‘cos they are just definitions
arrived at through the “seen” (sin?) world’s observations
Underneath all of these splendour & poverty
She really is the same man; the real superman is inside - seen by others only through his Character…
*The extent he goes to keep Her word, despite the HEADACHE, SUDDEN BANKRUPTCY, MISFORTUNE, WEATHER CONDITIONS, and every other thing that goes in-between 00 midnight & 12 midnight
*The discipline he applies in her pursuit of purpose
amidst the pleasures of “routes of least resistance”
*Her dedication without repose
to be the change the world needs, even when the world offers no assistance
*In the simple act of giving away her last 50 naira to a needy stranger - that’s “supermanness”
‘Cos in a world were selfishness wears the democratic crown, giving is indeed madness
So I came across superman, in her Palace located above a dunghill
& He told me, “I am superman cos I exercise rightly & positively the power of will”
She said “My fingers have been kissing keys on the keyboard
since age three for at least three hours daily”… little wonder He’s the world’s best composer - CNN Report…

He said “I wake by 4 am everyday to pray till daylight,
I’ve been doing so since age 26 and I‘m 65 now”
yet everyone says he travels to India yearly for
sacrifices! Now I know his miracles are legit - British Sun


In these, I found Superman to be dedicated & consistent

Do I think she would have gotten where he did without persistence?
You might as well embrace sleep and await a cure for impotence!


He said “I trek 1 mile to and fro every day to teach children English
in mongonu”…I got irritated when I saw the pot-bellied in Range Rovers snicker at her bent shoes: if he spent that time in business she could afford a pair from “Fetish” - The Daily Observer…

Superman said “I never eat a meal until, I have fed at least 2 Alumanjeris,
what’s the point in living when I don’t delight in giving of me, of my wealth, of my..?
He deserves to be on “who deserves to be a millionaire?” - Charity Due
In these, I found superman to be Sacrificial and Concerned about others
Do I need to be Dangote to save those kids without mothers?
Giving is everyone‘s gift, not someone’s talent - thoughts to ponder!
Superman told me “I got a contract worth 70 milla and the
guy with the stamp asked for 10gs, guess he expected an everyday dealer…
I just walked out without the papers”
He might not be the wealthiest, but he has the only wealth that matters - Sky News.
She told me about her manager at the bank “he kept threatening
& I kept denying, I finally walked away without a single glance back… what’s the point in dressing when it does more than impressing?”
He owns a bank today because of a decision made without regretting - Forbes
In these, I found integrity to be Superman’s skin
Can I bend the rules just a teeny weenie bit, so I can win?
The waste bin might not be a waste yard, but it’s still a bin!
Need I mention superman’s stories about - my word, my bond; responsibility; love; patience; and seventy virtues?
He said “I always check my rear view
to see if my records dare you”
Superman resides in me, in you, in him, in her, in them, in us
But situations whisper to him she is otherwise, sometimes with force
So she chooses to run off for the us that is not really us to take charge of us…
Superman could really be the greatest… she could
But he’s just too timid to be her! Are you?
That's the Chinese integrity finger pointing at you

No comments: